[Gimp-user] Pasted New Layer

Thanks, but somehow, it's sorted itself out. I've done it like this
before, with
no problems, so I don't know what the problem was. Closed Gimp down,
and started
again, and it was fine. Confused.

You should still understand how things work.

All depends on the format of the image you paste **into**.

Paste (or open-as-layers is the same) a RGB image into a greyscale image and the
pasted in layer takes the properties of the greyscale image.

Often seen in the worst senario, a RGB image added to a limited colour, indexed
image and the user wonders why the colours are screwed up.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)