Re: [Gimp-user] Pasted New Layer

Hi Rob,

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 14:20:49 +0100
rob1955 <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

I created a png file, so the background is transparent. I then opened another
file, a jpg, to paste the png onto it. The problem is, it's in greyscale, when
the original is in colour. What's happened, and how do I solve it.

1. You should use .xcf for your gimp workflow, and import/export to different
formats at the final stages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XCF_(file_format)

2. Can you upload / E-mail the problematic files?

--

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://ccmixter.org/files/destinazione_altrove/49997 - “Paint The Sky”

If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
    — Unknown