[Gimp-user] Where did the text dialog box go?

I'm trying to edit text that I've already typed in. When I select the text, the
dialog box disappears. How do I make it come back? I'm trying to use it to
change the size by clicking the up-down arrows to do it one pixel (or inch, or
milimeter) at a time?

I'm trying to change the font of text that's all the way at the top of the
image. The text box goes under the rulers and I can't move it. How do I make it
come back? How do I reposition that box?

I'm just trying to make a one-page 8.5x11" flyer for a college class on visual
communication (aka designing things like a flyer). Using this software is like
playing whack-a-mole.

--
aznelson (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)