[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10 and Streetwear font (glyphs)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your test !

I have installed Fontforge, loaded the font, mapped some glyphs (yes those at
the bottom) with Latin Extended B using "Glyph info", generate the fonts
(Truetype .ttf), but no help. If I use shift+ctrl+u, I still see the Latin
Extended B characters ...

Did you manage to do it on your side ?

Thanks !

Vincent

Okay, so I grabbed the file and opened it in FontForge. I'm guessing
you are talking about glyphs towards the bottom.

https://i.imgur.com/kWDJqXY.png

They all have '-1' Unicode value. This is so messed up. Basically you
have two options:

1. Find software that would access glyphs that don't belong to any
Unicode block. I think the only one that did that was Fontmatrix, and
it's not in the Ubuntu repository anymore. Maybe in some PPAs.

2. Use FontForge to map the glyphs that you need to real Unicode
characters inside known blocks. As a quick hackaround, you could use
smth like Latin Extended A or Latin Extended B:
https://unicode-table.com/en/blocks/latin-extended-b/.

For that, if my understanding is correct:

1. Use 'Encoding > Compact' to see everything in one window
2. Click to select a glyph you want to remap
3. Use 'Element > Glyph Info..."
4. Set new value using reference in the link above, press OK

When you are done, uncheck 'Compact' encoding option, export the font
file, install it instead of the one you already installed.

In fact, there's option 3: annoy the type designer just enough to get
this fixed :)

Alex

--
vincents (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)