Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp Help

On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 08:31:02PM -0400, Stella via gimp-user-list wrote:
Hello,
I have the free version of Gimp.

There are no commercial versions that I know of...

I have Windows 10. I have placed a
photo in Gimp. I would now like to add words. I am doing an obituary. I
printed the “Adding text to with Gimp”. I selected the Text tool. I then
clicked where I want the Text to appear. I then started to add my text
within the box. There was suppose to be a text editor that pops up but
this does happen for me. What am I doing wrong. Please if someone could
tell me STEP BY STEP how to get text next to the picture I have within
Gimp?

Did you read the docs? They usually are very exaustive:

https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-image-text-management.html

--

Saluton,
Marco Ciampa