[Gimp-user] Gimp Help

Hello,
I have the free version of Gimp. I have Windows 10. I have placed a photo in Gimp. I would now like to add
words. I am doing an obituary. I printed the “Adding text to with Gimp”. I selected the Text tool. I then
clicked where I want the Text to appear. I then started to add my text within the box. There was suppose to
be a text editor that pops up but this does happen for me. What am I doing wrong. Please if someone could
tell me STEP BY STEP how to get text next to the picture I have within Gimp?

Thank you so much,
Stella Owen
Stellaowen956 gmail com
My phone number with answering machine: 317-535-9134
I’m in Indiana U.S.A

Sent from Mail for Windows 10