[Gimp-user] I have no idea what is happening

I do not have feathered on and this problem just randomly keeps
happening.

Here are my options, these do not change.

Looking at the image in the first post, seems a high degree of magnification
showing pixel boundaries.

From that last screenshot of the tool options, antialising is enabled. So you
get semi-transparent pixels. Turn it off for a hard edge

Same with painting, the brush tool introduces antialising, use the pencil tool
for hard edges.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1348/original/antialising.jpg

--