Re: [Gimp-user] .XCompose bug with GIMP?

Just as a follow-up -- I am using a GIMP AppImage <https://github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-appimage/releases/tag/continuous> and I notice (thanks to the help of some folks online) that the Input Method list for the text layer in GIMP only has two entries: System (Simple) and None. Others are having success with the "X Input Method" but I don't have it listed. Is this the cause of my issue? Is there a reason the AppImage would lack that?