[Gimp-user] 2.10 & GMIC

I having similar issues. I've been searching the internet and trying
various
permutations of installs, different folders, zip vs exe all to no
avail.

What I do get is the following error message when launching 2.10.14 on
Windows
10 (32bit) and using the 32 bit installer*.:

gmic_gimp_qt.exe - Entry Point Not Found (ERROR HEADER)

The procedure entry point
_ZNSt7_cxx1118basic_stringstreamlcSt11char_traitslcESalcEEC1Ev could
not be
located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\GIMP
2\bin\libexiv2.dll.

*gmic_gimp2.10_qt (Win32 version) found in the archive folder

I can not get anything newer that Gimp 2.10.6 working in a 32 bit Windows so
just general comments. The problem might / might not be related to Gimp 2.10.14

Best to start with a clean installation of Gimp 2.10. If installed over an
existing Gimp 2.8 with plug-ins, including a gmic-gimp, the old plug-ins are
migrated causing problems.

The ....32bits_(old)/gmic_gimp2.10_qt_win32.exe installer is ***broken***. All
the files are there but in the wrong place. If you used this remove it and use
the zip version.
https://gmic.eu/files/windows/32bits_(old)/gmic_gimp2.10_qt_win32.zip

The zip from gmic.eu unpacks to a single folder gmic_gimp_qt  The whole folder
goes in your Gimp 2.10 profile
C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins The folder name is the
same name as the executable.  see the screenshot for the files you should have.

quote ...I've been searching the internet and trying various permutations of
installs, different folders, zip vs exe all to no avail...unquote

That could be the problem - left over files from multiple installs. Although
that sort of error message often comes from a previous Gimp installation.

...or maybe it is just Gimp 2.10.14 non-compatibility.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1332/original/gmic-gimp.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)