Re: [Gimp-user] Finding the Correct Font

On 2020-02-28 9:00 p.m., james81 wrote:
I have taken on the task of finishing a previously started effort by another
person. That person is gone and I have not been able to determine the font he
used.
Is there any way to determine the font?

If the image you are working on was created by GIMP the name of the font will be in the .xcf file. Short of that, you can use websites such as identifont.com or https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ to get an idea of the font used by telling those sites about characteristics of the characters in the image.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick