Re: [Gimp-user] SVG to PNG using a script

On Tue, 2020-04-21 at 15:47 -0400, Tres Finocchiaro via gimp-user-list
wrote:

I was wonder if there was a way to utilize Gimp's scripting system to
convert an SVG to a PNG?

Yes, from python, perl or scheme (script-fu).

there's also batch mode add-ons such as phatch.

You might prefer to use Inkscape for this one - it can do this in the
command-line.

The best resource I've found is here however, attempts to run this on
my
machine are failing using GIMP 2.1.0.

Hoping you mean 2.10.18

I'm using MacOS to write the script, but the target platform is
Windows.

We are a release behind n the Mac because we don't have a Mac
maintainer right now.

I understand there are many other tools for performing this
conversion (and
I'm leveraging these tools in other parts of code) but I was hoping
write this as a fallback for this particular system.

For the error you're getting try changing file-svg to file-svg-save
maybe.

slave

--
Liam Quin - https://www.fromoldbooks.org/