Re: [Gimp-user] FW: How to delete background using fuzzy select tool

On 14/04/2020 13:15, mr alexandre le blanc via gimp-user-list wrote:

From: alx lpb gmail com <mailto:alx lpb gmail com>  <alx lpb gmail com
<mailto:alx lpb gmail com> >
Sent: 13 April 2020 19:08
To: gimp-user-list gnome org <mailto:gimp-user-list gnome org>
Subject: How to delete background using fuzzy select tool

I have selected the whole background which is all shaded leaving a neat
picture of the subject.

I am however not able to do anything with the selected area , not cut , not
insert a white plain colour.

An alfa channel was added.

I am a beginner with gimp and would be grateful if someone could advise what
I am doing wrong.

There is the screenshot of my pic after selecting the backround.

https://imgur.com/a/KdyJuq9

If your selection look like this you selection threshold is too low and
you are selecting plenty of small spots leaving out plenty of other
small spots. Increase the threshold until the selection is a line of
marching ants around the earrings.