[Gimp-user] Text pixelated

why can't I get the same resolution in GIMP text directly
than I can from creating the text in my word-processor
and screenshoting it into my GIMP image

You know the answer to that, you already tried quote ... dozens of different
fonts, sizes, hinting, anti-aliasing

The effect is the anti-aliasing that is rendered to the  display. Your
word-processor screenshot is just that an image.

I don't see the 'Legacy' option. How do I get that module/dialog
you're showing?

Come to the conclusion that nothing will help your perception of Gimp.

However,  the legacy option is in the top right corner of the layers dock. No
layers dock? Bring one up with ctrl-L

example: https://i.imgur.com/nd0jjHr.mp4

Increasing the font size a tiny amount can make a difference to a zoomed in
display, The real test is how does it print.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)