[Gimp-user] Text pixelated

I have read several posts on this topic, yet I cannot find a solution.
I cannot
get my text to look decent... it is totally pixelated. I've tried
dozens of
different fonts, sizes, hinting, anti-aliasing, etc.

I've attached a screenshot I'm working on. The exported image is
worse;
RGB-alpha, 300 dpi, zero compression.

Any suggestions?

It has been reported as a bug that small text in Gimp 2.10 is faint. Different
from Gimp 2.8

Try setting the text layer mode to legacy (emulate Gimp 2.8)  as screenshot.

Another way is duplicate the text layers to make less faint.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1385/original/fainttext.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)