[Gimp-user] GIMP 2.10 on OS/X - Window layout not being remembered between sessions.

I use GIMP in multi-window mode (mainly because I started using GIMP when that was the only mode available),
and I wonder if the list can help me with an irritating problem. GIMP does not “remember” the positioning of
my windows properly between sessions, so I have to tweak them manually every time I start GIMP up. Can anyone
suggest a fix or workaround?

I have “Save window positions on exit” checked, and I have tried clicking the “Save Window Positions Now”
button too.