Re: [Gimp-user] Export picture

On Sat, 2019-09-14 at 15:54 +0000, sandpiper2196664--- via gimp-user-
list wrote:

.  It will not let me click on Save Comment or Save color values from
transparent pixels.  When I Export As to Print Shop I get a blank
oval and no picture.  Can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.  Took me
hours to get to this point and now I’m stuck!  Thanks for your help,
Marge

Save comment is greyed ou if there is no comment in the image.
You can add one if you like in image->Image Properties.

Save colour values from transpaernt pixels is greyed out if the image
does not have any transparency.  If you want transparency, go to the
Layers dialogue (control-l, or layers->layers) and right-click on the
background layer, and "add alpha channel" to make the image ready for
transparency.
Then, use the eraser tool, or select areas of the background layer and
delete them, and you should see a grey checked background of
alternating light and dark squares start to appear, showing where the
image is transparent. Now, export the image and, if you like, you can
save colour in transparent pixels,which tells GIMP to add information
to teh saved file to say what colour the pixels would have been if you
had not erased them. It's unlikey you want this, but for some advanced
uses it's important.

I don't know why you get a blank oval, though.

slave ankh

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org