[Gimp-user] Multiple pictures in bordered text with transparent background

Hello,

Brand new to this forum and pretty much to Gimp too. I know how to add
an
outline to my text and also add multiple images inside of the text but
only with
a black background.I need it to be a transparent background. Can
someone please
provide a way I can get this done? Thank you.

I do not understand the  "but only with a black background" bit. Really need
more information. First the usual.

Did you export as a jpeg which does not support transparency (transparency is
replaced by the Gimp BG colour which might be black)?

Export in a format that supports transparency, usually png. Looks ok in Gimp but
some external viewers can show transparency as black or white). The image is
still ok.

How did you make your image in the first place? Beginners tend to go for a
selection then  cut-out,  which while it works there are other methods,
especially with Gimp 2.10 .

Plenty tutorials for this type of effect around, even some of mine from several
years ago. This demo using Gimp 2.10.12 , a layer group and a mask. Use the
tools that Gimp provides.

No jangley  music, adverts - just Gimp - duration 4 minutes so no great
hardship.

https://youtu.be/iNe-aVOsghs

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1252/original/cut-our.jpg