[Gimp-user] API-access to the new shadow and highlights feature?

Hi everyone, this is my first post on GIMP forums, so please move if
this is in
an inappropriate category.

I work a lot with Gimp, and I especially enjoy the new Shadows and
Highlights
feature which can be found under Colors when right-clicking an image.
I mainly
use Gimp to preprocess data for machine learning applications - which
means,
we're talking HUGE amounts of images, like 255,000 .jpg files.
Therefore, it is
an absolute necessity for me to rely on batch-processing. I already
wrote
scripts for saturation and contrast, brightness, etc., but as for now,
I cannot
seem to find an a procedure to programmatically set the
Shadows-and-Highlights
parameters.

Has anyone done this before? Is there a procedure or API-Link to do
this?

Any help is greatly appreciated :) Cheers!

https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en_US/gimp-filter-shadows-highlights.html

It is a GEGL operation and not scriptable (as yet) as a Gimp
script-fu/python-fu

For GEGL functions you can check, as example:
http://gegl.org/operations/gegl-shadows-highlights.html

For lots of files you need (1) an up-to-date GEGL installed (2) a bash/batch
file to run the command.

You can always check the syntax of the command in Gimp. Use the "/" search +
gegl to find gegl-graph, then enter the parameters.

screenshot attached.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1251/original/gegl-graph.jpg

--