Re: [Gimp-user] Downloading Images from Internet

Does it happen with all browsers?

On 9/4/2019 3:25 AM, Cozy wrote:
I use Windows 10.  Recently updated to GIMP 2.10.12.  I search for an
image online, then use right mouse click to get to "Save Image As"
option.  When I select this option, the window pops up for me to name
the file, but the only "Save As Type" option I get is GIMP 2.10.12.  I
no longer see options of .jpg, .png, etc.  I have no idea where the
setting might be to change the option so I can save these files in
other formats.  I don't want every file to be saved for use in GIMP.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Image attached to show issue.
I hate this so bad, I think of dumping Gimp.   I don't know what is responsible
for this change, but I hate it.   I have found that there *is* another choice
under the GIMP files choice, it is All Files *.*   and then you just type in
.jpg after the pic you are downloading.    If even tries to get my pdf files.
:(       So this does work, but just one more pain that windows 10 has
created... now if I do that, and can only get it saved into the file of MY
choice (which I have my preferences set to) before it blinks and sends it off
where it thinks it should go.....   I will never buy another windows product...
never.... so sick of someone else deciding they know what I want to do, and
going ahead and doing it  :(