Re: [Gimp-user] Clone Tool Stuck on "Set a source image first"

On 10/1/19 6:48 PM, Melvis wrote:

The clone tool doesn't seem to work. With my image open and the clone
tool selected, the message directly under the image window reads
"CTRL-click to set a new clone source". When I do so, the message
changes to "Set a source image first" and I can go no further. The
clone tool window on the bottom left side has "image" selected under
"Source".

How do I get past this?

I think you are still holding the ctrl key down.  Once you set the
starting source using ctrl-click, let up on the ctrl key.  The
message should change to "Click to clone (try Shift for a straight
 line, Ctrl to set a new clone source".  Move the mouse to where
you want to clone and click, then drag with the button down to clone
an area.

Gary