Re: [Gimp-user] Delicate background image

On 11/11/2019 9.52 am, Helmut Jarausch via gimp-user-list wrote:

I'd like to generate a delicate (soft or transparent ?) background,
e.g. a flower.
It should look more like a watermark but (in a layer) below the image.

Does anybody have an idea what I am looking for and how to create it?

  Assuming I understand your request, here are two options.

1. Create two layers. The lower layer has a background of your choice. The upper
layer has your image. Adjust the opacity of the image to suit.

2. Create two layers. The lower layer has your image. The upper layer has a
solid color of your choice; adjust the opacity to suit.

  In both cases the rest of the content resides in layers above the two
background layers.

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com