[Gimp-user] file-jpeg on Mac at login

On startup, Gimp checks all the executables in the plug-in
directories,
if they are more recent than the last time they were registered, they
are run again to refresh the registration data.

Registration data is stored in the "pluginrc" file in your Gimp
profile.
So there are several possibilities:

* For whatever reason, the file-jpeg plugin doesn't register
completely
(corrupt?) so its registration isn't updated in pluginrc

* The file-jpeg plugin timestamp keeps changing

* The pluginrc file is not writable, and is not updated by the
registration

Thanks for the very quick response! Reading back, I was pretty unclear in my
original post. The file-jpeg plug in is running on Mac system startup/login, not
on GIMP startup. I can't find traces as to where that's taking place (yet), but
I'm wondering why it would run to begin with at that time.

--
schnaufer (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)