[Gimp-user] CMYK Out of Gamut due to GIMP version-- or my PC monitor

Hi, I've been up all night trying to finalize my print book cover to send off to
IngramSpark.

Well, as I found out just the day before yesterday, they need the color space to
be CMYK, US Web Coated (SWOP) v. 2.  Fine.  Today I got that installed in the
Color Management section of GIMP.  Or should I say, of the GIMPs . ..

Here's where it gets interesting.  I've upgraded to GIMP 2.10.4 on my Windows 10
PC, but I don't like the dark gray workspace (or whatever it's called).  So on
my Windows 7 touchscreen laptop, I kept 2.8.22, and that's what I've been using
to put together this cover.  As you can see from the attachment, it has a LOT of
blue.

When I proofed it on the PC with GIMP 2.10, most of the colors were out of
gamut, including the blacks.  Just awful.

But when I tried it on the laptop with GIMP 2.8, proofing just shows the blues a
little faded, but nothing's out of gamut at all.

So what's making the difference?  Is it the different version of GIMP I have on
each computer?  Or is the out-of-gamut the fault of my PC's monitor?  Or is my
laptop monitor lying to me?

I need the file I send IngramSpark to be printable the first time, because they
charge $25 for every correction.  Don't want to be on the hook for that!  So any
help is appreciated, the more simply-put, the better.

Thanks!

Attachments:
*
https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1135/original/2019_0328--Paperback_cover_GOLD_BLACK--IS_template__merged.jpg