[Gimp-user] blurry images after scaling down

I'm down scaling some tif images.  These images are created with a
graphics
software for making diagrams and the like.  Geometric shapes and text
mostly.  When I open the tif in Gimp they are perfectly crisp.  When I
scale
the image down in size, it becomes slightly blurry, even when opting
for the
"best" cubic algorithm.

Is this to be expected?  What's the best practice for preparing
graphics so
that they are crisp?  I thought i should make them large and that way
they
would have extra resolution.  But apparently scaling down is a lossy
practice?

Thanks,
Chad
https://www.alitechhub.com/unblur-picture/