[Gimp-user] Sizing off; images always 25% too small

Hello everybody,

I have Gimp 2.10.8 installed on my laptop and mostly use it for basic editing
and image manipulation that I upload in forums where the images need to have
specific sizes.

However, I can't use it properly, as the sizing is always off. So for example
when I want an image to be 200x200 px I can work seemingly normal in Gimp, but
when I upload it to a forum, it's always smaller than it should be and thus gets
resized and blurry.

I have since found out that I need to make the image 25% bigger in order to get
it to look the same size in Gimp as online, so in the example above I would need
to set the image to 250x250 px.

Another thing I found out is that my laptops recommended default setting is to
scale everything to 125%. It's a Windows laptop and the resolution is 1920x1080.
If I change the scale to 100%, everything (including Gimp) is significantly
smaller and unreadable. The problem also stays the same.

Does anyone have the same problem or an idea how I could fix it? Because I can't
use Gimp properly this way, but would really love to.
Thanks!

--
plb94 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)