[Gimp-user] HEIC or HEIF Files Not Opened

Thanks, Rich. I have libheif, but not libx265.  Will install same.  Am
not using a Flatpak.  My GIMP was originally an older version,
installed from the Fedora repositories, and updated over the past
couple years via the usual Fedora process.  If I still have problems,
will refer to a Fedora forum.  Thanks again.

You have to install gimp-heif-plugin I believe but when I try to load an image
after doing that my entire desktop crashes needing a reboot to get back in.  I'm
guessing the maintainer compiled it wrong or messed up the dependencies.

--
alexatkin (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)