[Gimp-user] HEIC or HEIF Files Not Opened

Caveat - I do not use Fedora however checking with my Kubuntu 16.04
(deb packages) and PClinuxOS (rpm packages) Gimp(s) 2.10.8

Are you using a flatpak? Unlikely to work, much missing from the
org.gnome.Platform runtime. Although you can get it to work if you
slip a few extra files in here-and-there (at least as far as 'buntu is
concerned).

A regular install? Check that you have libheif and libx265 installed.

Probably better asking this question on a Fedora forum.

Thanks, Rich. I have libheif, but not libx265.  Will install same.  Am not using
a Flatpak.  My GIMP was originally an older version, installed from the Fedora
repositories, and updated over the past couple years via the usual Fedora
process.  If I still have problems, will refer to a Fedora forum.  Thanks again.

--
TonyS (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)