[Gimp-user] Cannot drag brushes into GIMP brushes folder on Mac

I've identified part of the problem: the permissions on the folder are
set to Read Only.  The problem is, I can't seem to change the
permissions to Read & Write.  Would deleting and reinstalling GIMP
solve this?

Caveat - Not a OSX user only a poor-ol linux fan and liable to remain that way.
But I do have an old OSX VM to see what it is all about.

That reads like you are putting the brushes in the Gimp system folder - some
long name in Applications/GIMP-2.10/...etc. That is read only.

If you look in GIMP-2.10 -> Preferences -> Folders -> Brushes there should be
two entries one as above (or similar) and another for your Gimp user profile.
/Users/your_name/....etc... As in the screenshot.

An alternative is make a folder for new brushes somewhere where you definitely
have permissions and same place as before Edit -> Preferences -> Folders ->
Brushes add that location. Same preferences dialogue to add path.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1126/original/OSX-210.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)