[Gimp-user] Cannot drag brushes into GIMP brushes folder on Mac

I'm having trouble installing a brush set I downloaded from DeviantArt.  I've
unzipped the file, but when I try to drag the folder to GIMP's brushes
directory, it gives me a prohibitory symbol and won't copy it over.

I'm running MacOS 10.14.3.  I'm hoping this isn't just a Mac thing.  With the
current security protocols built into the OS, it takes an act of Congress just
to get GIMP to launch every time I want to use it, since it's not a "verified
app publisher", and they took away the "Always Open" function in security
preferences.

--
Redbeard (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)