[Gimp-user] Gimp Plugins

Curious why you find the software center "awful", but I appreciate the
information provided in your post.  Will work through it today to see what it
delivers for my system.

I don't think I did anything special to get GIMP 10.10.10, nor can I comment on
whether enabling PPA sources influences what one sees in the software center (I
have never personally noticed such).

Thanks again for the reply.  I am anxious to work through your suggestions.

Caruso

Trying to keep this short

From the (awful) ubuntu software center, something like this
screenshot(s) https://imgur.com/QGlCFx1.jpg

Standard is Gimp 2.10.8 after enabling a PPA gimp 2.10.10 So I am
assuming that is what you are using, as stated 2.10.10

Not everything shows in the (awful) ubuntu software center: I am a bit
old fashioned and also use a package manager to see what is there.
screenshot: https://imgur.com/fnRtN5E.jpg both your requirements are
there.

You will have to install using a terminal and these commands

sudo apt install gimp-gmic

This is a little old but will pull in all the dependencies and get you
started. In use open an image, menu entry is bottom of the filters
menu. Checked and working.

sudo apt install gimp-lensfun

Have not tried this one. might/might-not work. Usually the liblensfun
packages are pulled in by Darktable or Rawtherapee and lens correction
applied there before importing to Gimp.

Next a challenge for you. Installing plugins.

Go to this forum page:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-2-10-Resynthesizer-Linux?pid=11261#pid11261

Download the zip file. Unzip to get 4 plugins. Put these in the Gimp
user profile ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-install

Check in the Gimp menu structure. resynthesizer shows in Filters ->
Map and the more used 'heal' python plugins in Filters -> Enhance.
(not there? check that you have gimp-python installed)

--
Carusoswi (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)