Re: [Gimp-user] New image too large?

On Thu, 2019-07-11 at 12:40 +0200, Eoraptor wrote:
Gimp makes an assumption that I'm going to use
a lot more data than I necessarily intend to, what with layers,
stacks, etc. and that I don't really have to take the size warning
too seriously, am I right?

GIMP has a really small default for warning people they are about to
make a large image - just ignore it. You can change the warning in
preferences.

I work on pretty much a daily basis with images of the memory size you
mention.  GIMP works fine.

Normally i work with a single layer. One of the "window-Dockable
Dialogues" is "Undo History"; at the bottom right of the dock
(dialogue) that you get in Indo History is a button that lets you throw
away the undo history so far. This saves a ton of memory, expecially
after any operation that affects the whole image, such as Curves.

You will not have a problem saving this file - as long as you have disk
space :)

Liam (slave ankh)

Click here to have the slave beaten.