Re: [Gimp-user] HELP Color error using cmyk

On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 14:38:49 +0200, rich404 wrote:
I can see the problem.

No solution that I can see. Post a bug report at

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/

It's not a bug -- there's no way to reconstruct the missing
information after it has been transformed from four down to three
dimensions.

Not only Gimp

A little bit digging and the change in values also happens with online
convertors. I tried a couple, both the same.

CMY(k) 34 37 56 00

converts to RGB 168 161 112

converts back to CMYK 0 5 33 34

The only suggestion is use Krita and start off in CMYK colorspace. The color
picker there keeps the original values.

Yep.  Once you've transformed from CMYK to RGB you've irretrievably
lost that extra information.
--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk alum mit edu>

--Eric Crampton