Re: [Gimp-user] Suggestion for opening raw images

Hi Rick,

as Guy already wrote, Gimp 2.8 only supports 8-bit. Gimp 2.10 supports
16-bit as internal format and in the raw loader. And perhaps you are
interested, Gimp 2.10 has support for the HGT file format, gathered by
the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM). I blogged about it here:
https://dablogter.blogspot.com/2018/01/gimp-now-supports-hgt-file-format.html

And I have an blogpost how to import the NOAA GLOBE elevation files here:
https://dablogter.blogspot.com/2018/09/howto-open-elevation-data-from-noaa.html

What is missing is import of 32-bit float values in the "Load Image
From Raw Data"-plugin. I opened a feature for that:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/2804

Do you have a link to one of thePDS images?

Regards,
Tobias