[Gimp-user] IImprovements to unified transform

I'm not sure what you mean. The centre of rotation is wherever you
drag the pivot to. That is a known quantity.

What I meant was that if the centre of rotation is not within the view that is
being manipulated then the direction of rotation may not be readily apparent.
For instance dragging the mouse pointer upwards would result in a clockwise
rotation if the centre of rotation is to the right of the current view but
anti-clockwise if it was to the left of the current view.

I'm sure that that problem could be overcome (some indication of where the
centre of rotation lies) - the real issue is that the unified transform tool
(which is brilliant as far as it goes) would be made much more useful if you
could use extra views to look at magnified sections of the image that the UT
tool was acting on in the main view.

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)