[Gimp-user] Batch Image Manipulation, it's time to implement it in GIMP

I used batch mode (David's Batch Processor) from within Gimp 2.8 and
below often as I send large numbers of  photos to relatives to keep
them updated on family matters.  I have also used BIMP (and tried to
recompile it for Gimp 2.10 under Ubuntu 18.04, but so far can not get
it to compile).

Unable to compile BIMP2 for Gimp 2.10.x? It throws up lots of warnings but no
errors. Possible reasons:

A mix of non-compatible dependencies.

Using the Gimp flatpak (or snap) This version is 'sandboxed' and installed dev
packages are not seen.

A quick demo (using ubuntu 18.10) might give a clue where the compile fails on
your installation.

https://youtu.be/XlPKUX62JcA  duration 4 minutes

Attached the BIMP2 binary from that. This does work in a (k)ubuntu 18.04 Worth a
try.

However, the previous BIMP 1.18 still works with Gimp 2.10.x

I miss having some sort of batch mode, inbuilt into gimp.  Writing
scripts to run from a terminal as has been suggested is too  difficult
for an unsophisticated user such as myself.  The way I use DBP or Bimp
is non-destructive as I write the files out with a different name.

I agree about scripting, Scheme or Python, equally akin to Sanskrit for the
average Gimp user.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1086/original/bimp2.zip

--