Re: [Gimp-user] Beautify

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 16:21:12 -0500
Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net> wrote:

On Fri, 2019-01-25 at 18:35 +0000, Tawney Carrier via gimp-user-list
wrote:
I am trying to add the beautify filter to my GIMP.  I have visited
several sites who all have different methods.  None seem to work for
me.  Why aren't these filters just included in the download, instead
of being a "plug-in" add/on feature?

There are probably tens of thousands of GIMP add-ons; we could not
possibly include them all.

Can someone provide accurate information as to effectively
installing the feature?

It depends on what you want it to do exactly.

it also depends on which Linux distribution you're running (or Windows
or Mac, or something else?) but usually involves adding a script to
the script folder that you've got set up in Preferences; if you're
using GIMP 2.10 some older scripts might no longer work, but you'd
have to say which one exactly, and whether you're getting errors or
can't find it in the menus or it's greyed out or you try to run it
and it doesn't work, or it introduces pimples and wrinkles and makes
the subject ugly instead of beautiful, i really can't guess from your
description.

Liam (ankh)

I think he want a https://github.com/hejiann/beautify which work on my
FreeBSD.