[Gimp-user] Can not reset toolbox to default

You do not have an EDIT menu???? OK, you have really screwed up Gimp.

Find your Gimp profile: Are you using linux? Gimp 2.8.16 suggests
ubuntu  In you home partition, find  the hidden folder
/home/name/.gimp-2.8/ and rename it to disable  .
/home/name/.gimp-2.8-backup

(Windows is C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8 ->
C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8-backup )

Start Gimp up and it makes a new default Gimp profile.

No, I have the "Edit" menu, it's "Preferences" that I can't find.

--
Kotte (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)