[Gimp-user] How to shrink selection while deforming rest of image?

How do I scale down or shrink a selection in Gimp 2.10 while stretching or
deforming the rest of the image to fill the gap where selection used to be? When
I just use the scale selection tool, the selection is cut from the image and a
background filled hole remains where the selection was. That's not what I want.
I want to deform and warp the areas surrounding the selection as I scale it
down. I need something similar to warp transform tool but using a selection
instead of a brush.

--
sprotz (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)