Re: [Gimp-user] numbers

On Wed, 2019-12-11 at 17:53 +0100, Epick wrote:
starting from 1 to 360. How can I efficiently number those tickets?

Include page numbers when you print?

The functionality you need could be scripted, e.g. in script-fo
(Scheme) or Python; i know not whether someone has done this already.

Or you could do it like this:
(1) make a text file with the numbers in it. E.g.
perl -le 'foreach my $i (1 .. 500 ) { print sprintf("%00d", $i); }' >
tmp
if you are on Linux

(2) in your image, make a text layer that goes from the top of the
first number box to te bottom. Set the font to (say) Stardos Stencil
Bold :) size 90, line height 280, and check Use editor; paste the first
six lines of the text file.

(3) duplicate the text layer, move it right for the 2nd column, paste
the next 6 lines.

(4) export to page1.png

(5) repeat, editing the layers. This isn't automatic, but doing a dozen
at a time in two layers isn't too bad.

(6) now you can open all the output files and export to pdf with layers
as pages.

slave ankh

Click here if your mouse isn't working.