[Gimp-user] selecting object

ajaye wrote on 3/12/19 5:12 pm:
Yes, the chequerboard indicates transparency. If you want
transparency,
then leave it. Otherwise: Layer|Transparency|Remove Alpha Channel

Thanks Bob, I hadn't seen your reply when I posted again before. I've just
noticed that the transparency object that is working for me is a png file, and
the ones that won't work are jpegs... will that be the problem? I seem to recall
(but I do have dodgy recall these days) that perhaps transparency doesn't
convert with a jpeg file??

--
ajaye (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)