Re: [Gimp-user] LOCK alpha

On 8/30/19 2:28 AM, ̵tImposterMO̵ t̵ wrote:
- In a color-indexed image, this is just editing the colormap. You are
restricted to 256 colors, but I don't think you would want to handle 24M
color that way.

Yes if I use a color pallete do you know any references to Python or
Perl? for plugins to manipulate color selections like replace color
with white and text for color pallete index number. IE a paint by
number script

No, but is is needed?

You can edit the color map (Windows>Dockable dialogs>Color map), and in
the colormap dialog, you can select a color by number and change it to
change the corresponding pixels. Looks a lot like your "paint by number"...