[Gimp-user] No text input in file open dialog

A file name input can be enabled - Ctrl+l is the shortcut  for this in
GTK, if I'm not mistaken. Just pasting might also work.

Neither of those options work in my GIMP 2.10.6 under Windows 7 x64.

I have discovered, however:

If I first click on a drive resource in the 'Places' panel (e.g. click on c:\),
the second line of the Open dialog provides a "'Location" input box and I can
paste into there and it works as intended. There is a Pencil button in the
upper-left corner which toggles the visibility of the Location input box, but
it's only available while a drive resource is selected. This seems not to be the
default for the dialog... it starts with 'Recently Used', which does not have a
Location input box. If I keep GIMP open, the last setting of the Location box
persists. So not ideal but better than nothing.

--
thcjunkee (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)