[Gimp-user] Re (2): Re (2): Eraser Problem

From:   Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net>
Date:   Tue, 06 Aug 2019 15:41:22 -0400
If the current layer has an alpha channel, ...

According to the channel panel (or was that chunnel tunnel?
Something like that.) for which a screenshot is posted, the alpha
channel exists.

and "anti-erase" is not set in tool options,

Will have to look for that next time GIMP is running. Recently the
system was upgraded from Debian 9 to 10. As you see from the
screenshot, the panels are now almost exclusively various shades of
grey text and icons on a darker grey background.  >8~(  (Is this
new dis-feature in Debian only?  Upstream release?  I'm trying to
imagine a justification.)

Consequent to "grey everywhere", I might have difficulty recognizing
whether "anti-erase" is not set or not not set.  Certainly will look.

If the image is in Index mode rather than in RGB or greyscale mode ...

Greyscale mode.  Also evident in a panel in the screenshot.

If all else fails I can at least use the clone tool to get a not-too-bad result.
=8~)

Thanks for the help,         ... P.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca