[Gimp-user] Can't get plugins to work (n00b question)

Hi, all-

Completely new to GIMP, converting from Adobe because money.  Using a
Mac.

I'm trying to get a plugin (specifically the "new layer from cut/copy
one) working.  The readme that came with it told me to put the .py in
the plug-ins folder in GIMP/2.10, but there was no plugins folder
there.  I created a folder called "Plug-ins" and put the .py file in
there.  Restarted the program (and the computer), but still didn't see
the plugin.

The readme also said I might need to "install python support for GIMP"
but didn't elaborate on how to do that.  Anybody able to help me
figure out what that means?

Thanks

David

By default there is a designated folder for plugins. There is some information
here for all OS's:

https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/

Plugins both compiled and python have to be made executable

Being a linux user, I did wonder how difficult it was for Gimp / OSX users, so
tried out in a Mac VM

A short video here:
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Install-scripts-and-plugins

Might help.