[Gimp-user] Can't get plugins to work (n00b question)

Hi, all-

Completely new to GIMP, converting from Adobe because money.  Using a Mac.

I'm trying to get a plugin (specifically the "new layer from cut/copy one)
working.  The readme that came with it told me to put the .py in the plug-ins
folder in GIMP/2.10, but there was no plugins folder there.  I created a folder
called "Plug-ins" and put the .py file in there.  Restarted the program (and the
computer), but still didn't see the plugin.

The readme also said I might need to "install python support for GIMP" but
didn't elaborate on how to do that.  Anybody able to help me figure out what
that means?

Thanks

David

--