[Gimp-user] Export to DNG raw file?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
GIMP 2.10.6

Via darktable, GIMP can open a DNG raw file written by Vuescan.  Can GIMP export
to a DNG file?

After opening an image via darktable, I crop it.
I wish to export the result to a DNG file.

GIMP's File Type list offers "Raw image data" with extensions "data" and "raw".

Exporting to a "data" file and then opening the file produces a nonsense image.

Exporting and then opening a "raw" file produces "Image filename.raw is not
available" from darktable.  Exiting darktable produces the GIMP message "Raw
Pentax PEF plug-In could not open image".

--
Punchcard (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)