[Gimp-user] Concurrency in Python plug-ins

Hi everyone,

if I assign a keyboard shortcut to a plug-in function it seems that GIMP
will sometimes execute two instances of the function concurrently. I've
noticed that in my onion layers plug-in: if I press the shortcut key
faster than the function takes to execute I get the "Plug-in left image
undo in inconsistent state" dialog. Some debug print statements in my
Python code seem to confirm that two instances of my function were
running at the same time.

I'm wondering if it's possible to prevent that. I've tried having a
global with Python's threading.Lock but it doesn't seem to work (I'm
guessing two instances are executed in different interpreter contexts?)

Thanks for your help,
Tomaž