Re: [Gimp-user] Color Exchange comes out a lighter shade than selected color.

I used the color exchange feature to change all the black pictures to a blue>selection (0, 90, 180), and the
color that was produced in the final image is a
slightly lighter color (you can see on the image below). When I use the fuzzy
select/fill tools, it comes out fine. What is wrong?

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1000/original/lightershade.png

First of all, It would help if you told us what operating system and GIMP versionyou were using...
Secondly, I brought up your image in GIMP (2.10.4), and used the Color Picker tool(from the Toolbox - also
available from Tools-->Color Picker), with Pick Only andUse Info Window checked in the Tool Options.RGB for
the darker was: 46/118/163, and the lighter was:71/140/186.I.E. neither one was 0/90/180.I used your figures
in Change Foreground Color to set theforeground color to your desired blue.  This blue I then used to paint
with a bit, and found it tobe darker than either one of your, um, "letters".The color picker tool confirms
this new stroke to be 0/90/180.
I changed the foreground color to white and made a stroke, and then broughtup the Color Exchange dialog
(Colors-->Map-->Color Exchange).I clicked on the color picker button opposite "To Color", and whenever I
picked one ofthe three blues (two of yours, one of mine), the stroke changed to that color...(As I don't know
what "Threshold" does, except that it seems to be a percentage, with1.0  being 100%,  I didn't fiddle with
the numbers any.)
I think you need to give more detail in what you did (including explaining what you meanby "all the black
pictures", and "to a blue selection") to get the result you got...