Re: [Gimp-user] Ufraw and GIMP

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 05:39:37PM +0200, Helmut Jarausch via gimp-user-list wrote:
On 09/12/2018 08:43:26 PM, James Moe via gimp-user-list wrote:
On 09/11/2018 02:14 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

install  nufraw (http://nufraw.sourceforge.net)
and make it active with
Edit -> Preferences -> Image Import & Export

  There is no "Image" option. And Help does not mention Import anywhere.

Sorry, I didn't mention I'm running Gimp-2.10.7 (GIT) - it might be that the
Edit -> Preference menu looks different in older versions of Gimp.

Edit -> Preference has  the items

System Resources
Debugging
Color Management
Image Import & Export   <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Tool Options

Helmut

I had to go to the box where I had installed nufraw with 2.8, so I
fired up that old system.  I cannot see any obvious way to edit how
a raw image should be opened in 2.8.  But nufraw is working there,
so I looked in ~/.gimp-2.8 and the only reference to nufraw is in
pluginrc, which has the opening lines:

# GIMP pluginrc
#
# This file can safely be removed and will be automatically regenerated by
# querying the installed plugins.

So provided that nufraw-gimp is in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/ (or
lib64 if your distro uses that), I would move the old ufraw plugin
out of there, rename pluginrc to pluginrc.bak in case things go
wrong, and restart gimp.

ĸen
--
Tout est bien, tout va bien, tout va pour le mieux qu'il soit possible
                       -- Candide, de Voltaire