Re: [Gimp-user] Ufraw and GIMP

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 11:52:51AM -0700, James Moe via gimp-user-list wrote:
On 09/10/2018 06:28 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:

I'm using nufraw-0.42 with 2.10.6
  ./autogen.sh;
  ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-contrast;
  make;
  make install

  Okay.

As far as I can see, 0.42 was working with 2.8.22.

  Any idea how to use it with 2.8?

  There are no instructions at the nufraw docs (such as they are). Gimp
Help mentions using gimptool to install a plugin; except there is no
gimptool app in the repository. There is no "Image Import" option in the
2.8 Preferences.

For me, exactly the same instructions as for 2.10.  Needs an old
version of something (gtkimageview, perhaps), but that is exactly
the same as for ufraw.

Looking at my logs, it seems I was actually using 0.41 with 2.8.22
(from memory, 0.41 needed patching for gimp-dev).  Extracts from the
log:

configure: ====================== summary =====================
configure: build GTK GUI: yes
configure: build GIMP plug-in: yes
configure: EXIF support using exiv2: yes
configure: JPEG support: yes
configure: JPEG2000 (libjasper) support: no
configure: TIFF support: yes
configure: PNG support: yes
configure: FITS support: no
configure: gzip compressed raw support: yes
configure: bzip2 compressed raw support: yes
configure: lens defects correction support using lensfun: no

and during the install:

make[2]: Entering directory '/scratch/working/nufraw-0.41'
 /bin/mkdir -p '/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins'

And then to use it, from within the gimp just open the raw file in
the normal way.  Possibly you will need to change one of the
settings to tell it to use nufraw instead of ufraw.

Oh, and apologies to the list for sending that original reply to
James - I seem to find it very easy on this list to send to the
poster.

ĸen
--
Tout est bien, tout va bien, tout va pour le mieux qu'il soit possible
                       -- Candide, de Voltaire